Providence Home Therapeutic Youth Group Home
When a struggling emotionally disturbed child is at risk of being unable to maintain in the family, school, and community, intervention in a therapeutic group home can be the best setting for stabilization and treatment. Providence Home provides treatment in a community based group home and supports the children’s academic work in the public school setting. Treatment goals are to stabilize the child and family, begin to build support for transition back into the home and to achieve permanency within relationships. Providence Home serves children ages 4-12, with an approximate 6-9 months length of stay. Rooted in a 30 year history of success with a developmental relational approach, Intermountain Providence Home provides a trusted option in the Flathead Valley.
With the support of clinical professionals and coordination with community providers including schools, therapists, physicians, and mental health agencies, Intermountain Providence Home provides a skillful level of multi-disciplinary care and treatment for each child.
Providence Home Goals
- Stabilize the child’s behaviors
- Provide relief to the deteriorating family setting/situation
- Contain, modulate and/or reduce the risk of the child’s behavior escalating to higher level of care
- Identify the specific changes needed for the child to be safely contained in the community
- Support and sustain the child in a public school setting
- Identify impediments to family functioning
- Make recommendations for appropriate placement and support services upon discharge
Ages served: 4-12
Gender: Boys and Girls
Length of Stay: 6-9 Months.
Service Area: Flathead, Lake, Glacier Counties
Licensing: MT Dept. of Public Health and Human Services.
Hours of Operation: 24 hour facility
Direct: (406) 457-4778
Cell: (406) 439-5772
Intermountain Providence Home
P.O. Box 460
Somers, MT 59932