Flathead Community Services
322 2nd Ave West, Suite A
Kalispell, MT 59901
Child and Family Therapy Clinic
Our approach considers the needs of the whole child and the whole family. Knowledgeable and compassionate processionals treat a wide range of issues. The center coordinates all services with community providers including the Department of Child and Family Services, schools, therapists, physicians, law enforcement and other mental health agencies. This level of multi-disciplinary cooperation will facilitate true healing for children and their families.
- Ages Served: 3 – 26 years old
- Service Area: Kalispell and surrounding area
- Services Include:
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Skills Group for Adolescents
- Circle of Security Parenting Groups
- Child and Family Traumatic Stress Intervention
- Hours of operation:
- 9:00-6:00 Mon-Fri
Co-occurring Substance Use and Emotional Distress Concerns
Intermountain recognizes that emotional distress and substance use impact each other. The program blends mental health and substance abuse services to help youth and their families cope with the combined effects of both disorders.
Masters level, dually trained therapists with experience in mental health and substance use treatment provide individual and family therapy, and crisis management designed to help the child and family re-establish healthy coping mechanisms and trusting relationships. Treatment focuses on developing and maintaining motivation to make positive life changes. A relationship based approach is used to support the youth in developing healthy peer and adult relationship skills.
Offered as community based outpatient treatment to sustain the child and family after intensive treatment has ended or for youth who are currently abusing substances at Intermountain’s Clinic.
- Initial clinical assessment of the youth’s mental health and substance use history, developmental history, family relational dynamics, strengths and needs
- Individualized services coordinated by the therapist and guided by a treatment plan involving parents and other supports available in the youth’s life
- Minor-In-Possession Substance Abuse Education course available for youth up to age 21
- Payment sources include youth’s insurance, including Medicaid. Other funding sources may be available including sliding fee. Please inquire for financial assistance
Home Support Services
Intermountain’s Home Support Services (HSS) uses a relationship-based treatment approach to improve family functioning, stability and cohesion. Families with emotionally distressed children can often find themselves under-prepared to meet the day-to-day exhaustive emotional needs of the children. Our expert staff provide comprehensive therapeutic services for birth families, kinship/guardianship placements, and/or post-adoptive families. This services was developed to prevent placement disruptions and provide emotional support to family’s working to help a child maintain permanency.
- Ages served: 3-17 years old
- Service areas: Kalispell, and surrounding areas
- Hours of Operation: 24/7 in-home therapeutic support services and crisis intervention
- Services: Intensive in-home therapeutic services, parent trainings, 24/7 on-call support and crisis intervention, weekend respite opportunities, and psychodynamic parent groups
Youth Case Management
Youth Case Management strives to empower each family to take the lead in managing their child’s mental health needs. Your Youth Case Manager identifies and coordinates mental health and supportive services, navigates through the various systems and application processes within the community, and advocates for the needs of the child and the family.
- Ages served: 3-17 years old, or until graduation
- Service areas: Kalispell, and surrounding areas
- Hours of Operation: Flexible business hours
- Case managers coordinate services, refer, assess and monitor progress and need
Therapeutic Foster Care & Adoption Services
There are children waiting for a place to call home! Intermountain recognizes the crucial role caring adoptive families play in helping children grow into healthy adults. Our comprehensive pre-service training and on-going integrated mental health services provide relationship solutions that will help to build a strong, permanent family.
Intermountain is a licensed child placing and adoption agency. Our hope is to secure relational and emotional health and a loving, permanent family for each child. We recruit, license, train, and mentor families for therapeutic foster care and adoption. The children placed into families are between the ages of 3 and 18. Once you receive your Therapeutic Foster Care license, Intermountain carefully assesses each child referred to find the right child match for your family. Our dedicated staff then begin providing weekly in-home support to help you build a secure and trusting relationship with your child. Intermountain also works closely with Montana’s Child and Family Services Division to help finalize your child’s adoption.
Please consider the role you can have in the lives of Montana’s most vulnerable children. Not everyone can be a foster or adoptive parent, but everyone can do something to help. Please contact Intermountain to find out more about how you can support foster families as a respite provider or to begin licensure for foster care and adoption. You may begin by completing the Resource Family Application and submit to the contact information below.
- Ages served: 0-17 years old
- Service area: Kalispell, and surrounding areas
- Hours of Operation: Weekly business hours
- Services: Foster Care & Adoption licensing including home study, matching and placement, therapeutic wrap-around services, and adoption preparation