Child and Family Therapy Clinic
Our approach considers the needs of the whole child and the whole family. Knowledgeable and compassionate professionals treat a wide range of issues. The center coordinates all services with community providers including the Department of Child and Family Services, schools, therapists, physicians, law enforcement and other mental health agencies. This level of multi-disciplinary cooperation will facilitate true healing for children and their families.
- Ages Served: 3 – 26 years old
- Service Area: Kalispell and surrounding area
- Services Include:
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Skills Group for Adolescents
- Circle of Security Parenting Groups
- Child and Family Traumatic Stress Intervention
- Hours of operation:
- 9:00-6:00 Mon-Fri
Co-occurring Substance Use and Emotional Distress Concerns
Intermountain recognizes that emotional distress and substance use impact each other. The program blends mental health and substance abuse services to help youth and their families cope with the combined effects of both disorders.
Masters level, dually trained therapists with experience in mental health and substance use treatment provide individual and family therapy, and crisis management designed to help the child and family re-establish healthy coping mechanisms and trusting relationships. Treatment focuses on developing and maintaining motivation to make positive life changes. A relationship based approach is used to support the youth in developing healthy peer and adult relationship skills.
Offered as community based outpatient treatment to sustain the child and family after intensive treatment has ended or for youth who are currently abusing substances at Intermountain’s Clinic.
- Initial clinical assessment of the youth’s mental health and substance use history, developmental history, family relational dynamics, strengths and needs
- Individualized services coordinated by the therapist and guided by a treatment plan involving parents and other supports available in the youth’s life
- Minor-In-Possession Substance Abuse Education course available for youth up to age 21
- Payment sources include youth’s insurance, including Medicaid. Other funding sources may be available including sliding fee. Please inquire for financial assistance